Sound Devices, specialists in audio and video production equipment, presents Video Devices, a new brand and identity for its line of video products.
We at Chesapeake Systems remain excited about the new PIX 270i and the new PIX 250i Video Recorder/Players that were announced at NAB and are now shipping. Pictured below is the front and back of the PIX 270i.
Built for Mission-Critical Production
- Dedicated video hardware records to standard removable solid-state drives • Simultaneous multi-drive recording on up to four SSD drives enables redundancy and backup • Redundant 4-pin XLR power connections
- PowerSafe circuitry provides 10-second power reserve and safe file shutdown during external power loss
- Tapeless file-based recording, playback, and file transfer • Access and transfer files over Ethernet
- Edit-ready Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD files
- Recording on up to four drives provides immediate file copies and back up, as well as long-form recording Expandable and Networkable
- Group control of multiple PIX recorders facilitates multi-camera recording
- Frame synchronized recording and playback
- 64 channels of MADI audio and 64 channels of Dante audio I/O for large-scale audio systems
High-Quality HD Video
- 12-bit 4:4:4 over 3G-SDI I/O
- Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD codecs from 36 Mb/s proxies up to 330 Mb/s ProRes 4444
As you would expect, the 250i PIX is a scaled down version of the 270i. While the recording specs are the same, it records to two SSD drives, and it does not offer the MADI audio control.
The front and back panels of the 250i are below.
For more information, email Merrel Davis or call him at 410.752.3406
And be sure to stay abreast of episodes on our popular audio podcast series, The Workflow Show.