If working with a team that provides “Creative IT for the Creative Professional” sounds intriguing, then we invite you to read on.
Chesapeake Systems specializes in developing solutions for the most demanding digital workflow challenges. Our clients range from international broadcasters to independent production companies.
We are hiring a Business Development Representative who is seeking a career providing IT-based media solutions to customers in the Mid-Atlantic region. The successful candidate will be an excellent communicator who strives to meet client needs, but who is also able to work closely with engineers in designing solutions. He/She will also have a successful quota achievement record and some experience working within the entertainment, broadcasting, or multimedia industries.
Duties will include
- Create formal networks with key decision-makers and serve as an external spokesperson for the organization, uncovering business requirements and opportunities.
- Represent the “voice of the customer” to management and technical teams.
- Present and sell products and services via phone, web and face-to-face meetings to both new and existing customers across the Mid-Atlantic region and potentially beyond.
- Clearly articulate the benefits of solutions to all levels of an organization, including business managers and “C” level executives.
- Understand the “customer need” and work with engineers to design solutions.
- Be responsible for development and delivery of product /solution demonstrations.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Manage and develop customer and partner relationships for long-term success.
- Able to travel throughout sales territory.
- Maintain accuracy and timeliness in activities, and issue updates.
- Gain extensive knowledge of required hardware, software, network solutions, storage devices and other pertinent peripherals.
- Meet quarterly and annual quota objectives.
Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in a technology sales role (selling software, hardware and services) is required.
- Some specialized experience working within the entertainment, broadcasting, or multimedia industries is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with sales planning and sales strategy.
- Possess an understanding of RAID-based workgroup and enterprise shared storage systems, media asset management (MAM) software platforms, workflow automation and transcoding software, backup & archive systems, video editing and graphics workstations, and cross-platform knowledge (Apple, Linux, and Windows).
- Be a self-motivated, hands-on Business Development professional that is driven by technical sales challenges and unlimited commission earnings potential.
Compensation and Benefits
- This position pays a modest base salary plus commission. Target commission range is $60,000 to $100,000, and that range is obtainable for a candidate that consistently meets or exceeds monthly and quarterly sales goals.
- We provide a full range of benefits including: Employee Health Insurance; Dental Insurance; Continuing Education; Long-term Disability Insurance; Life/ Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Simple IRA Plan with Employer Matching We are an Equal Opportunity employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Those wishing to be considered should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com