Chesapeake Systems is a leading provider of “Creative IT for the Creative Professional.” Specializing in developing solutions for the most demanding digital workflow challenges, our clients range from international broadcasters to small business owners. We are hiring a Technical Project Coordinator at our headquarters located in the Hampden section of Baltimore City.
In this highly visible position, you will coordinate and assist in project implementation services while championing customer service and expediting staff and equipment to provide successful and efficient IT and media based integration services. In this role your daily duties will include the following:
- gather prerequisite information from clients regarding new projects and confirm their readiness for the technical and engineering staff to proceed.
- be the main contact for the customer in handling a question or problem.
- keep the customer updated with timely and frequent information about progress towards project milestones and completion.
- monitor and report internally and to the client on technical and engineering staff project hours and notes.
- facilitate project implementation by bringing together the appropriate technical resources.
- assist in the technical project implementation through remote software deployment, updates/upgrades, testing, and documentation. Occasional onsite assistance may be required.
- be responsible for implementing procedures for continuous improvement.
- assist the Solutions Architect with new project scope review and feedback.
Equally important is your potential relationship with the technical and engineering staff. A successful candidate will be able to take a customer’s challenges and needs and translate them into tangible tasks, then delegate them to the proper resources in an efficient, calm, and composed manor. Handling high-pressure and high-stress circumstances effectively ahead of any delegation of tasks is key to ensure that the technical and engineering staff have a productive environment for them to do their best work.
What is Required?
- 3+ years of experience in an IT help desk or customer service role is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and a track record of outstanding customer service.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Mac OS X client systems, Linux, and Windows Server; Xsan, Stornext, and Volume Locking SANs; Storage RAID systems and switching technologies; Tape and Disk Based Backup and Archive systems.
- Knowledge of media asset management platforms and video workflow is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related discipline is highly preferred.
We provide a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits including: Employee Health Insurance; Dental Insurance; Continuing Education; Long-term Disability Insurance; Earned Leave Time: Life/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance; Simple IRA Plan with Employer Matching; Employer sponsored social events.
Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Might you be a good fit for this position? If so, send us your resume with cover letter. No calls please.