Baltimore, Md.-based New Psalmist Baptist Church (NPBC) has a rich history that spans more than 120 years. The church’s current 4000-seat worship facility – its home since 2010 – features a full control room with advanced audio and video production and post tools. This has enabled the church to broadcast its worship services on a local TV station, as well as stream to YouTube, to its over 7,000 members.
As NPBC planned to further expand its VOD and streaming services, the church recognized it was under-utilizing its CatDV media asset management system, along with facing a workflow challenge from its integrator at the time, who provided the church with an incomplete archive system. Preparing to take on a wider role at the church beyond just overseeing the media department, the pastor’s son, Rev. Joshua Thomas, felt he was missing the guidance and support he needed from his integrator. So Rev. Thomas began looking for a new partner – and he turned to CHESA to disentangle his systems and boost capabilities by better defining the workflow and documenting procedures. Then when the COVID-19 pandemic completely disrupted normal operations, Rev. Thomas engaged a CHESA Service Level Agreement (SLA), knowing the increased value of steadfast support at such an unstable time.
One of the biggest drawing cards with CHESA was the amount of CatDV deployments the company had done and the CatDV knowledge that was in-house, that would allow us to utilize that knowledge and help us change some of our best practices.
- Rev. Joshua Thomas
Director of Ministry, New Psalmist Baptist Church
How CHESA Helped Them
- Provided NPBC a trusted partner to ensure post-production stayed on track
- Ongoing support of their infrastructure through a Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Maintained NPBC’s community outreach during COVID-19, with remote editors tapping into their MAM and SAN platforms
- Saved NPBC money by configuring their previous system investments to do new jobs
- Turned CatDV, a Quantum company, into a real workflow hub
Download Case Study >>