July 08, 2021
Remote within United States, Full-Time, New York Tri-state area, of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut, and within 1 hour commuting distance from New York City | location
The ideal candidate will be responsible for working cross-functionally to understand architecture needs by multiple business units. To be effective in this position, you must feel comfortable owning the entire architecture development process from inception to completion. The candidate must reside within the New York Tri-state area, of New York, New Jersey or Connecticut, and within 1 hour commuting distance from New York City. In this exciting role, the Solutions Architect will be the technical arm of the partnered sales associate and provide the technical perspective and guidance necessary for the customers and sales team and assist in identifying opportunities brought to the team, via the sales department. This role will provide preliminary and on-going consultative engagement to customers during the technical decision process as a “workflow therapist” performing Workflow Discoveries. In this role the Solutions Architect will balance pre-sales solutioning and consultative engagements. This role will support an account executive partner with consultative services, workflow processes, business processes, technology roadmaps, pre-sales recommendations and all relevant documents and deliverables.
Our compensation package includes:CHESA provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
Be successful in the Role
- Experience working in an engineering capacity, from pre-sales, technical support and/or service delivery (Professional Services)
- Working in technical sales and engineering in the media and entertainment space is highly desirable
- Some level of experience in a sales environment would be desired
- Experience with hardware and software architectures in some of these area:
- High Performance Data Storage (SAN, NAS)
- Video and Media Data Management (Archive and Backup Strategies)
- Media Asset Management Platforms (MAM)
- CatDV, IPV, Primestream, Dalet, Reach Engine, Edit Share, Iconik
- Cloud Platforms
- AI and Machine Learning
- Experience authoring design documentation for technical architectures, as well as supportive written documentation, such as executive summaries, white papers, and consultancy reports.
- Presentation experience with high level stakeholder management would be a plus
- Experience conducting consultative services such as workflow and technical discoveries.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel Spreadsheets
- Influence on sales
- Uncovering additional opportunities
- Percentage assigned opps won/lost
CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) is a leading expert in workflow solutions for the Federal Government and the Media & Entertainment industry, built on decades of collaboration with leading organizations, creatives, and IT teams. As a technology value-added reseller, video systems integrator and consulting firm, we help clients find the best way to store, access and monetize their digital content. We understand complex workflows involved with managing unstructured data and media content from creation to distribution and preservation. We are masters at navigating the technology landscape. Our clients include some of the largest Government agencies, studios, broadcasters, sports and digital media publishers in the country. The highly skilled team at CHESA designs and implements high-performance, scalable and reliable solutions from storage and asset management to workflow automation, and much more. Established in 1990, CHESA is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with satellite locations in Northern Virginia, New York City, Denver, Dallas, and Los Angeles. We are a full-service provider of technology systems and solutions that specializes in optimizing digital workflows. CHESA’s expert architects design pioneering asset management solutions that enable creative teams, and drive efficiencies in IT, all backed by steadfast customer support. At CHESA, we believe in fostering a creative mindset to solve technology problems for our clients. This is a very open and coaching-oriented culture. We look at problems as challenges and want our teams to collaborate to come up with the best solutions for our customers.