March 29, 2021
Remote within with Travel within the United States, Full-Time | location
Renowned workflow, application and IT Support for media and entertainment industries, CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) is looking for a passionate candidate with the drive to provide excellent customer service and the desire to join the leading workflow, application and IT support team in the industry. Our ideal candidate will work well in the close-knit CHESA team, as well as being a friendly and professional face to our wide range of clients.
- Assist in gauging the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Learn and practice specific skills necessary to support Apple and Windows based client workstations, NAS, scale-out NAS, volume locking SANs, multiple storage RAID systems, and switching technologies; as well as backup and archive systems
- Ability to learn and practice specific skills necessary to support Apple, Windows and Linux servers hosting DNS, network file services, Active Directory, VPN, and others as necessary
- Practice specific skills necessary to support media asset management (MAM) platforms at client sites, to support collaborative workflows, enhanced searching and metadata tagging, workflow automations, and review/approval processes
- React to client needs in service through phone, remote, and onsite services and participate in rapidly establishing a good working relationship with customers onsite and remote during project and support for long-term success
- Provide on-call after hours phone and remote support on a rotating schedule with the rest of the service technicians
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Proactively identify potential technical and logistical issues and communicate them to the Service Manager and Project Coordinator
- Engineers are responsible for understanding the client's environment and business processes and how to appropriately prioritize client situations in relation to the business impact.
- Other duties may be assigned
Duties and responsibilities
- Ability to lift/carry 50+lbs
- Provide the highest level support for clients in CHESA’s niche media and entertainment market.
- Engineers are expected to have a reliable form of transportation to client sites.
- The normal working hours of engineers at CHESA are 9 am to 6 pm, including breaks, and are flexible to clients’ needs.
- In collaboration with Sales and Solutions Architecture, provide feedback and recommendations for new products or solutions that may add additional value to our clients.
- Track progress of case resolution through client-facing support portal and internal case progress and time tracking capabilities.
- It is expected that the technical solutions offered by CHESA are learned thoroughly during the initial employment period. A high level of technical expertise is a requirement of this position to allow you to speak intelligently to clients about the solutions, understand service requests, and provide the highest level of support.
- You will be responsible for your own self paced learning to support your role, as well as any training that may become required and assigned by your manager. Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5+ years experience in post-production or related role in large enterprise environments including system administration, networking administration, complex design environments, implementation and troubleshooting analytics
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong understanding of post-production and production workflows
- Excels at working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to proactively deliver creative solutions to dynamic creative and post-production issues
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proven track record managing multiple projects in a large organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with editors and other creative roles
- Superior oral and written communication skills
Our compensation package includes:CHESA provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits.
CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. For more information about CHESA, visit us at w ww.chesa.com