August 13, 2021
CHESA (Chesapeake Systems), renowned workflow, application, and IT support for media and entertainment industries, is looking for a dedicated and passionate Service Engineer in the Baltimore, MD area with the drive to provide excellent delivery and customer service, to join the leading professional services team in the industry. Our ideal candidate will work well within the close-knit team at CHESA, as well as being a friendly and professional face to our wide range of clients. CHESA IT is looking for an individual whose goal is to provide end-to-end support for our growing customer base located in the DMV area. This individual will encompass the ability to navigate challenging situations, strategically and quickly identify technical issues, evaluate sales opportunities for upgrades, changes and modifications to improve the customer experience and stability of the client's environment, manage their own schedule, and prioritize and hold themselves accountable to CHESA, their assigned clients and team.
- Provide remote and on-site engineering support as an integrated part of the CHESA IT services team
- Troubleshoot and rectify technical problems and assist end-users with orientation and training specific to their business ecosystem
- Empower and guide clients to achieve success and confidence in their IT systems and strategic technology planning
- Communicate both written and verbally with the PM(s), Client, Engineers, and Teams regarding project and/or support design changes and approvals
- A valid driver's license and willingness to travel. within the DMV area
- Attend internal and vendor training
Our compensation package includes:
- Base salary
- Earned Leave Time
- Simple IRA Plan with Employer Matching
- Employer-sponsored social events
- Training & Certifications
- Contributions toward benefits including:
- Employee Health Insurance;
- Dental Insurance;
- Continuing Education;
- Long-term Disability Insurance
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in IT related field or a creative field related to design, media production, or CAD, with experience supporting Apple and mixed platform IT systems in a business or higher education setting.
- 3-5+ years experience in small to medium business or education environments including system administration, networking administration, complex design environments, technology systems implementation, troubleshooting and analytics
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Apple macOS and iOS support in small to medium business or education environments including help desk, Mobile Device Management (MDM) system administration, NAS/file server and networking administration,
- Google, Adobe, and Microsoft user support, administration, and troubleshooting
- Experience working with and supporting creative professionals including print, web, video, CAD and architectural design software.
- Familiarity with security best practices and the ability to confidently guide and advise management and end-users.
- Basic familiarity with BASH scripting and Linux/UNIX fundamentals.
- Familiarity with identity management systems such as Active Directory, OD, LDAP, SAML, Google Identity.
- A relevant certificate or license is advantageous. (CompTia + [Security, Networking, A+, Linux], Apple Certifications, Windows Certifications)
- Excels at working independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent active listening and customer service skills.
- The ability to deal with multiple requests without being overwhelmed.
- The ability to remain professional under pressure.
- Excellent planning, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Proven track record managing multiple projects in a large organization
- Strong interpersonal skills with editors and other creative roles
- Superior oral and written communication skills