Complex Networks is a New York-based global media and youth entertainment network with a unique and expansive reach to millennial and Gen Z audiences. Co-founded in 2002 by CEO Rich Antoniello and fashion designer Marc Ecko, Complex is a media platform and an online community that publishes the best, most diverse, and most relevant voices in pop culture, reporting on popular and emerging trends in streetwear and style, sneakers, food, music, and sports.
As Complex Networks continued to grow, it was producing more and more video content. As a result, Jermaine Harrell, Manager of Media Infrastructure and Technology, recognized that the makeshift and off-the-shelf networking solutions it was relying on for its storage and media asset management were no longer cutting it. By the time the joint Hearst Communications/Verizon Communications acquisition took place Complex was producing or licensing more than 35 programs. It was time for a change.
“The CHESA team was a wealth of information right from that first call. We discussed all of our needs, talked about all the solutions I had been researching and diagnosed all of the challenges we had been having.”
Manager of Media Infrastructure and Technology
How CHESA Helped Them
- Design and Integrate an infrastructure and workflow for better organization and efficiencies
- Design and Integrate a system that easily scales, supporting company growth
- Design and Integrate a streamlined, viable, unified and robust storage system
- Integrate video transcode into the company’s system and workflow
- Enable Complex Networks’ New York City move by securing the company’s content throughout the process
- Provide ongoing support of the infrastructure through a Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Download the Full Case Study Here to Find Out How CHESA Simplifies Media Asset Management and Storage for Complex Networks