We are looking for a Systems Engineer who has a strong drive to provide excellent customer service and the desire to join the leading workflow, application, and IT project and support team in the industry. Our ideal candidate will work well in the close-knit team at Chesapeake’s New York office, as well as being a friendly and professional face to our wide range of clients.
Specific duties include:
- Working with the Support Coordinator, Project Managers, and other team members to assist in the urgent, comprehensive and empathetic resolution of incidents and deployments for high-profile customers
- Strong deployment and support skills, specifically with networking and large scale production storage
- As assigned, support and project deployments and troubleshooting involving but not limited to, rack/stack/cabling, documentation, DNS/IP conflict resolution, storage connectivity/ performance
- Participating in CHESA’s on-call, out of hours support rotation
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
What you need to be successful
- Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- or 3-5+ years demonstrable professional experience in a related industry
- A drive to provide the best service possible with problem-solving skills for design, debug and testing of solutions, and the diagnoses of support issues
- The ability to convey information about potentially beneficial solutions to clients in an advisory capacity, in support of the sales team
- Responsibility, ownership, and management, of their own self-paced learning, to further their knowledge and role within the team, supplemented with coaching and professional development with your manager
- An ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- An ability to on occasion lift and carry 50+ lbs
- Minimum 3 years of work experience as a Systems Engineer. Strong experience in the data and/or video storage technology. Preferably in the media and entertainment space.
- Proficiency in networking- Fibre Channel, Ethernet over Fibre, and traditional TCP/IP copper ethernet, including concepts, switching, cabling, and routing
- Proficiency in installing, configuring and supporting RedHat/CentOS, macOS, and Windows
- Experience with virtualization platforms, e.g., VM VirtualBox, VMware ESXi, VMware Fusion, etc.
- Experience with production storage – Xsan, StorNext, and other network-attached storage and storage area networks
- Knowledge of video content hardware/software such as Quantum, Telestream, Squarebox
Chesapeake Systems is a leading expert in workflow solutions for the media & entertainment industry built on decades of collaboration with leading organizations, creatives, and IT teams. As a video systems integrator and consulting firm, we help clients find the best way to store, access and monetize rich media content. We understand complex workflows involved with managing media content from creation to distribution and preservation. We are masters at navigating the technology landscape. Our clients include some of the largest studios, broadcasters, sports and digital media publishers in the country. The highly skilled team at Chesapeake designs and implements high-performance, scalable and reliable solutions from storage and asset management to workflow automation, and much more.
Established in 1990, Chesapeake Systems is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with satellite locations in New York City and Los Angeles. We are a full-service provider of technology systems and solutions that specializes in optimizing media workflows from creation to distribution and preservation. Chesapeake’s expert architects design pioneering asset management solutions that enable creative teams and drive efficiencies in IT, all backed by steadfast customer support.
At Chesapeake, we believe in fostering a creative mindset to solve technology problems for our clients. This is a very coaching-oriented culture. We look at problems as challenges and want our teams to collaborate to come up with the best solutions for our customers.