- Working with the Support Analyst (Swarm Lead) and other team members to assist in urgent situations, while providing comprehensive and empathetic resolution of client issues with high-profile customers.
- Participating in CHESA’s on-call, out of hours support rotation.
- Strong support skills, specifically with Media Asset Management and high-performance infrastructure (SAN/NAS) products and associated services.
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
- A drive to provide the best service possible with problem-solving skills for design, debug and testing of solutions, and the diagnoses of support issues.
- The ability to convey information about potentially beneficial solutions to clients in an advisory capacity, in support of the sales team.
- Responsibility, ownership, and management, of their own self-paced learning, to further their knowledge and role within the team, supplemented with coaching and professional development with your manager.
- An ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- An ability to on occasion lift and carry 50+ lbs.
- Experience in various Linux flavors primarily RedHat/CentOS, macOS, and Windows Server.
- DNS, DHCP, file sharing, Active and Open Directory.
- Network – Fibre Channel, Ethernet over Fibre, and traditional TCP/IP copper ethernet, including concepts, switching, cabling, and routing.
- Installation, configuration, and support of Production involving Apple Xsan, Quantum StorNext, and other network-attached storage (NAS) and storage area networks (SAN).
- Scripting including Bash and Python is preferred by not required.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Minimum Years of Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or 2-3+ years demonstrable professional experience in a related industry.