We are looking for a Strategic Purchasing & Operations Coordinator to do work with our Operations and Finance team. This position is located at our corporate headquarters in Baltimore, MD.
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
- Base Salary
- Earned Leave Time
- Simple IRA Plan with Employer Matching
- Employer-sponsored social events
- Contributions toward benefits including Employee Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Continuing Education, Long-term Disability Insurance
Qualifications & Skills
You would report to the Senior Operations & Systems Manager and contribute to the daily needs of purchasing, operations, and accounting related tasks. You’ll also interact with our sales and service teams by assisting with any needs they may have related to purchasing, operations and/or accounting requests.
As a Strategic Purchaser and Operations Coordinator, you will be responsible for sourcing equipment, goods and services and working with outside vendors. You’ll also be responsible for the daily administrative services of the organization, such as records and information management, as well as assisting customers with general inquiries as needed. The successful candidate will be able to perform strategic procurement activities across multiple categories of spend, search for better deals and find more profitable suppliers. The successful candidate will also be able to perform operational activities across multiple categories of identification, research, entry, and verification for data sets.
- Review and verify client approved orders for accuracy, including hardware and software, vendor costs, billing and payment terms.
- Resolve issues with vendor orders as they arise.
- Assist with the receipt of hardware and software based on vendor orders.
- Coordinate with service teams for orders that require installation services to ensure timely arrival of items being ordered based on scheduling and adhering to service and customer deadlines.
- Follow company cash flow policies and management.
- Maintain positive relationships with all vendors the company does business with.
- Generate and send purchase orders to vendors for products that need to be fulfilled on a deal-by-deal basis (just-in-time ordering).
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms.
- Assist with the Management of all physical inventory with the assistance of the Operations Facilities and Logistics Coordinator to ensure the accuracy and location of all items.
- Generate, verify, and submit invoices for client orders based on the client’s preferred method, such as portal submission, physical mailing, email, etc.
- Assist customers and handle general inquiries.
- Assist with the preparation and review of operational, sales, and financial reports and schedules to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Assist with the maintenance of client’s manufacturer support renewals information by updating and entering information as needed, as well as assisting with the quoting process for recurring support renewals for these clients.
- Review and analyze P&L, Balance Sheets, and GL Accounts regularly to confirm the accuracy and resolve issues as needed.
- Assist with the completion and/or coordination of paperwork as needed.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with both the sales and service teams.
- Capturing all required information. Data entry and maintenance of all documentation and databases of items ordered.
- Create and maintain documentation that relates to the duties of the position, such as an operations manual, portal credentials, vendor contact information, etc.
- Assist with the analysis of internal processes and recommend and implement procedural or policy changes to improve operations.
What you need to be successful
- Innovative spirit – we are a team of collaborators and love to solve problems.
- Customer-first attitude – we believe in putting the success of our clients first.
- Can do spirit. Punctual, flexible and have the ability to meet deadlines and get it done right.
- Consistent and proactive in all duties. Team player is essential and must be willing to learn new things. There is always room for growth and to excel above current duties.
- Ability to coordinate between sales, service, and accounting teams.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with all parties, internally and externally, especially our vendors and clients vendors.
- Never permitting an employee or client to wonder regarding the status of a quote or other sales-based deliverable.
- Being very honest, reliable and timely
- 3-5 years of experience or more in accounting, buying/purchasing, business, or finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or equivalent work experience in an Accounting or Finance related position.
- Work experience in procurement and/or accounting is preferred.
- Experience working for a systems integrator or technology solutions provider is strongly preferred. Must be familiar with technology products, storage solutions or data centers.
- Need excellent negotiation skills.
- Must have experience working with B2B sales teams, pre and post-sales.
- Exposure experience with Salesforce or similar CRM is helpful.
- Experience with accounting software (i.e. Accounting Seed, Quickbooks) is required.
Chesapeake Systems is a leading expert in workflow solutions for the media & entertainment industry built on decades of collaboration with leading organizations, creatives, and IT teams. As a video systems integrator and consulting firm, we help clients find the best way to store, access and monetize rich media content. We understand complex workflows involved with managing media content from creation to distribution and preservation. We are masters at navigating the technology landscape. Our clients include some of the largest studios, broadcasters, sports and digital media publishers in the country. The highly skilled team at Chesapeake designs and implements high-performance, scalable and reliable solutions from storage and asset management to workflow automation, and much more.
Established in 1990, Chesapeake Systems is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with satellite locations in New York City and Los Angeles. We are a full-service provider of technology systems and solutions that specializes in optimizing media workflows from creation to distribution and preservation. Chesapeake’s expert architects design pioneering asset management solutions that enable creative teams and drive efficiencies in IT, all backed by steadfast customer support.
At Chesapeake, we believe in fostering a creative mindset to solve technology problems for our clients. This is a very coaching-oriented culture. We look at problems as challenges and want our teams to collaborate to come up with the best solutions for our customers.
Minimum Years of Experience