Renowned workflow, application and IT Support for media and entertainment industries, Chesapeake Systems (CHESA) is looking for a passionate candidate with the drive to provide excellent customer service and the desire to join the leading workflow, application and IT support team in the industry. Our ideal candidate will work well in the close-knit CHESA team, as well as being a friendly and professional face to our wide range of clients.
- Learn and practice specific skills necessary to support Apple and Windows based client workstations, Xsan, Stornext, volume locking SANs, multiple storage RAID systems, and switching technologies; as well as backup and archive systems
- Ability to learn and practice specific skills necessary to support Apple, Windows and Linux servers hosting DNS, network file services, Active Directory, VPN, and others as necessary
- Practice specific skills necessary to support media asset management (MAM) platforms at client sites, to support collaborative workflows, enhanced searching and metadata tagging, workflow automations, and review/approval processes
- Enhance our client’s abilities to achieve their mission by first knowing their mission and purpose, and second by acting in their best interest to maintain, protect, and enhance the effectiveness of their technical systems.
- Other duties may be assigned
CHESA provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 2-4+ years of experience in large enterprise environment including system administration, networking administration, complex design environments, implementation and troubleshooting analytics
- Strong expertise of UNIX/Linux and shell scripting and programming languages (Java, C++, C# or other OOP language), debugging, testing and troubleshooting skills
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A drive to provide the best service possible with problem-solving skills for design, debug and testing of solutions, and the diagnoses of support issues
- The ability to convey information about potentially beneficial solutions to clients in an advisory capacity, in support of the sales team
- Responsibility, ownership, and management, of their own self-paced learning, to further their knowledge and role within the team, supplemented with coaching and professional development with your manager