In this exciting role, the Account Executive will be a voice and personality of CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) to customers, prospects, and associated partners. The primary role is to maximize sales in the assigned account territory through leveraging customer relationships, internal resources, vendor partners, and both prospecting and developing new accounts.
CHESA provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
Be Successful in the Role…
- By becoming a voice and personality of CHESA to prospects and associated partners
- By becoming the best in the business in the role in terms of public acclamation
- By knowing the names, roles, and initiatives of key individuals within all accounts, both existing and potential, in my region and/or assigned to me
- By knowing the name and the roles of key individuals within our partners with whom we do business with for the benefit of our clients
- By connecting the individuals and roles within CHESA to the correct individuals and roles of our clients, and keeping unconnected those who ought not be connected
- By being an articulate and clear spokesperson of our capabilities and offerings to existing clients, and potential clients if assigned to me
- By knowing the competitive landscape of the region, the names and roles of key individuals of our competitors, and always being able to clearly articulate the benefits of our clients in their work with CHESA over our competitors
- By knowing intimately the challenges faced by current and potential clients
- By knowing intimately the potential opportunities for growth and success of our clients and our potential clients
- By knowing intimately the current service and product offerings of CHESA as it relates to our clients
- By providing feedback and justification for new and modified offerings related to the needs and opportunities of our current and prospective clients
- Meet Adjusted Gross Profit goals
- Accurate forecasting and management of opportunities in SalesForce.com
Type of Role:
- 7+ years of Federal IT sales experience including sales of complex systems and products
- Experience in covering accounts such as DoD, Dept. of Energy, or the Intelligence Community is preferred
- High-energy, motivated self-starter and team player
- Experience in building/generating a geography-based or vertical business
- Significant, consistent track record of quota over-achievement versus peers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to orchestrate and influence both internal and external virtual teams to achieve high level results
- Ability to influence partners and cross-functional internal teams to achieve mutually rewarding objectives and results
- Ability to effectively broker relationships with all levels in an organization
- Excellent skills at building relationships and influencing decisions
- Ability to build trust and to maintain and expect high standards for self and others
- Success in disciplined activity prioritization
CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) is a leading expert in workflow solutions for the Federal Government and the Media & Entertainment industry, built on decades of collaboration with leading organizations, creatives, and IT teams. As a technology value-added reseller, video systems integrator and consulting firm, we help clients find the best way to store, access and monetize their digital content. We understand complex workflows involved with managing unstructured data and media content from creation to distribution and preservation. We are masters at navigating the technology landscape. Our clients include some of the largest Government agencies, studios, broadcasters, sports and digital media publishers in the country. The highly skilled team at CHESA designs and implements high-performance, scalable and reliable solutions from storage and asset management to workflow automation, and much more.
Established in 1990, CHESA is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with satellite locations in Northern Virginia, New York City, Denver, Dallas, and Los Angeles. We are a full-service provider of technology systems and solutions that specializes in optimizing digital workflows. CHESA’s expert architects design pioneering asset management solutions that enable creative teams, and drive efficiencies in IT, all backed by steadfast customer support.
At CHESA, we believe in fostering a creative mindset to solve technology problems for our clients. This is a very open and coaching-oriented culture. We look at problems as challenges and want our teams to collaborate to come up with the best solutions for our customers.