Chesapeake Systems (CHESA) is looking for a dedicated and passionate Project Manager with the drive to provide excellent delivery and customer service to join the leading Professional Services team in the media and entertainment industries. Our ideal candidate will work well in the close-knit team at CHESA’s Baltimore, MD offices, as well as being a friendly and professional face to our wide range of clients.
Specific duties include:
- Take responsibility for client projects for a variety of offerings, from infrastructure to workflow customization.
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives, and analyze risks and opportunities.
- Coordinate creation and delivery of RACIs, PERTs, and Scopes of Work for approved projects.
- Plan and manage project tasks, resources, Gantt charts, timeframes, and milestones between customers and internal engineering staff.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Create and maintain project timelines and accurately forecast projections on a regular basis.
- Update requirements, priority, business impact and recommended start dates for queued projects.
- Be ready to report on project statuses both formally and on the fly.
- Review and report on project metrics to include project progress, percentage of team utilization, and other individual and team KPIs.
- Oversee creation and maintenance of comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports.
- Ensure standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests.
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
- A valid and current PMP certification, and
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field or 3-5+ years demonstrable professional experience in a related project coordination role.
- The ability to work independently with minimal managerial supervision.
- Demonstrable understanding of project management concepts.
- Strong knowledge of written and digital project management tools.
- A passion for organization and process and a desire to hold and be held to high expectations.
- Clear face-to-face and written communication abilities.
- Demonstrates an unwavering and dependable nature and accountability for their own actions.
- Is willing to help out a teammate and pitch in when needed.
- Responsibility, ownership, and management, of their own self-paced learning, to further their knowledge and role within the team, supplemented with coaching and professional development with their manager.
- An ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- An ability to on occasion lift and carry 50+ lbs.
Location: Baltimore, MD