As an Inside Sales Specialist, you will be responsible for identifying and closing business opportunities for assigned territory or accounts, and fully executing against revenue/margin targets for Chesapeake’s entire product portfolio.
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
- We have a team-centric sales model and you will be solely responsible for developing and driving your funnels as well as working with the field sales (Business Development) team on larger multi-faceted deals.
- This is a phone-based position located with preferred location in the DC – Metro area.
- Work closely with the Field Sales team and Vendor Partners to implement strategies to nurture the existing install base, develop new customers, and promote Chesa’s vision/value within the digital media market.
- Responsible for quote generation, report creation, and sales/operational support.
- Exercise judgment with defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business Administration/Communication, or 5+ years of direct business sales experience.
- Digital Media industry and Salesforce CRM experience are preferred.
- Data Storage, Cloud, or other IT sales experience preferred.
- The position is desk-based with a majority of hours using the telephone, and working on a computer.
- Able to support <East or West> coast business hours.
- Strong multi-task, priorities, and managing time effectively.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Computer savvy, ability to navigate multiple platforms (Salesforce a plus), and proficient with Microsoft Office products.
- Have a thorough knowledge of company products/services/vision.
- Self-starter, detail-oriented, independent learner, competitive, and driven for success.
Chesapeake Systems is a leading expert in workflow solutions for the media & entertainment industry built on decades of collaboration with leading organizations, creatives, and IT teams. As a video systems integrator and consulting firm, we help clients find the best way to store, access and monetize rich media content. We understand complex workflows involved with managing media content from creation to distribution and preservation. We are masters at navigating the technology landscape. Our clients include some of the largest studios, broadcasters, sports and digital media publishers in the country. The highly skilled team at Chesapeake designs and implements high-performance, scalable and reliable solutions from storage and asset management to workflow automation, and much more.
Established in 1990, Chesapeake Systems is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with satellite locations in New York City and Los Angeles. We are a full-service provider of technology systems and solutions that specializes in optimizing media workflows from creation to distribution and preservation. Chesapeake’s expert architects design pioneering asset management solutions that enable creative teams and drive efficiencies in IT, all backed by steadfast customer support.
At Chesapeake, we believe in fostering a creative mindset to solve technology problems for our clients. This is a very coaching-oriented culture. We look at problems as challenges and want our teams to collaborate to come up with the best solutions for our customers.
Minimum Years of Experience
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business Administration/Communication, or 5+ years of direct business sales experience.