The ideal candidate will plan, direct and supervise the organization’s financial affairs to include financial reporting, tax compliance, cost accounting, and business planning by performing the following duties. They will also maintain overall functions of the Human Resource (HR) department, working with an external HR Specialist in guiding any escalations and assisting managers in enforcing company policies and practices.
Team Lead Responsibilities:
- Supervise and direct the scheduling, assignments, and daily workflow of subordinate staff in the department.
- Perform and assist with constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Administers and maintains all financial records including books of original entry, supporting schedules, and subsidiary ledgers
- Set and negotiate credit terms with new and existing client relationships as appropriate
- Maintains an audit schedule for all GL accounts and is accountable for the accuracy of the P&L and Balance sheets
- Work with CFO in strategic initiatives, and with Operations on execution
- Establishes and maintains all policies and procedures related to accounting matters, including policies on how GL accounts are to be used
- Collects, analyzes, and provides financial data to management through timely internal reports and presentations
- Provides for an annual budgeting and planning process to ensure long term financial and business strategy
- Supports all levels of the organization in budget preparation through tracking and reporting relevant information to senior leadership
- Establishes and maintains cost accounting standards for the organization
- Provides cost accounting expertise through training
- Establishes procedures for reviewing and approving budgeted expenditure justifications and approvals
- Establishes and maintains financial accounting and reporting standards meeting Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Supervises Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payable, all regulatory state local and federal tax payment and procedures and overall Cash Flow management
- Create and manage a database of all regulatory state local, federal, financial and other misc accounts with contact information, reporting requirements with due dates. Create audit accounts and be accountable for the maintenance of all documented accounts.
- Manages any complex or sensitive employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors
- Partner with management on escalated HR issues to provide appropriate guidance on any company specific policies & procedures
- Supervises internal HR related projects including personnel files, employee handbook, leave of absences, and any other special HR projects
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies with an external HR specialist and practices to maintain compliance
- Performs other duties as assigned
CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits.
Qualifications & Skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Documents/Sheets, or related software.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of relational databases and technology
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough understanding of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS
- Completion of a satisfactory background check
Education and Experience:
- Either 5+ years of experience in a related field, a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, or a combination of related continuing education and experience
- At least one year of human resource management or office management experience preferred
- Experience with enterprise ERP systems preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or other enterprise CRM preferred
- Experience using third-party payroll systems (Paychex, ADP, Oracle, etc.)
CHESA (Chesapeake Systems) is a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
For more information about CHESA, visit us at www.chesa.com
Full-Time - Baltimore, MD