We are looking for a seasoned Business Development Executive to sell and grow new business relationships in our Northeast region- including New York, Boston and in between.
Specific duties include:
- Identify, evaluate, pursue and close new opportunities with prospective clients.
- Build strong relationships with key client contacts to ensure retention and grow revenue for each account in the portfolio.
- Drive new opportunities through regular business reviews, development planning, and client interactions.
- Work with Solutions Architects to craft a solution that fits a client’s need.
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
What you need to be successful
- Strong track record of success in selling complex technology solutions to large companies.
- Quantifiable results in meeting and exceeding quotas/expectations.
- Background in selling to companies in the broadcast, media production, and digital media industries. Candidates that have worked with companies that generate large quantities of rich media content are a great fit to work with our experts.
- Ability to work with software partners in an integrated sales process.
- A passion for working with clients to identify and solve their most challenging technology problems. Must be a natural networker and someone who loves to build strong relationships.
- Experience orchestrating the efforts of Solutions Architects, Account Managers, and sales operations professionals.
- Minimum 3 years of direct sales experience specifically in technology solutions.
- Knowledge of or prior work experience in the broadcast, media publishing, or digital media space.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree (BS or BA), or equivalent work experience
Chesapeake Systems is a leading expert in workflow solutions for the media & entertainment industry built on decades of collaboration with organizations, creatives, and IT teams. As a video systems integrator and consulting firm, we help our clients find the best way to store, access and monetize rich media content. We understand the complex workflows involved with managing media content from creation to distribution and preservation. We are masters at navigating the technology landscape. Our clients include some of the largest studios, broadcasters, sports and digital media publishers in the country. The highly skilled team at Chesapeake designs and implements high-performance, scalable and reliable solutions from storage and asset management to workflow automation, and much more.
Established in 1990, Chesapeake Systems is headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland with satellite locations in New York City and Los Angeles. We are a full-service provider of technology systems and solutions that specializes in optimizing media workflows from creation to distribution and preservation. Chesapeake’s expert architects design pioneering asset management solutions that enable creative teams and drive efficiencies in IT, all backed by steadfast customer support.
At Chesapeake, we believe in fostering a creative mindset to solve technology problems for our clients. This is a very coaching-oriented culture. We look at problems as challenges and want our teams to collaborate to come up with the best solutions for our customers.