Renowned workflow, application and IT Support for media and entertainment industries, Chesapeake Systems (CHESA) is looking for a passionate candidate with the drive to provide excellent customer service and the desire to join the leading workflow, application and IT support team in the industry. Our ideal candidate will work well in the close-knit team at CHESA’s Baltimore, MD offices, as well as being a friendly and professional face to our wide range of clients.
Specific duties include:
- Working with the Support Analyst (Swarm Lead) and other team members to assist in urgent situations, while providing comprehensive and empathetic resolution of client issues with high-profile customers.
- Participating in CHESA’s on-call, out of hours support rotation.
- Strong support skills, specifically with Media Asset Management and high-performance infrastructure (SAN/NAS) products and associated services.
Chesapeake Systems provides a competitive salary range and a full range of benefits. We are a proud equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
Qualifications & Skills
- A drive to provide the best service possible with problem-solving skills for design, debug and testing of solutions, and the diagnoses of support issues.
- The ability to convey information about potentially beneficial solutions to clients in an advisory capacity, in support of the sales team.
- Responsibility, ownership, and management, of their own self-paced learning, to further their knowledge and role within the team, supplemented with coaching and professional development with your manager.
- An ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- An ability to on occasion lift and carry 50+ lbs.
- Working knowledge of RedHat/CentOS, macOS, and Windows.
- DNS, DHCP, file sharing, Active and Open Directory.
- Network – Fibre Channel, Ethernet over Fibre, and traditional TCP/IP copper ethernet, including concepts, switching, cabling, and routing.
- Scripting including Bash and Python.
- Working knowledge of Java, Groovy, Web APIs including REST and SOAP, and databases including Postgres and Mongo, text search engines such as Elasticsearch.
- Icinga2, rrdtool, SNMP
Location: Baltimore, MD
Minimum Years of Experience
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or 3-5+ years demonstrable professional experience in a related industry.